Sunday, September 5, 2010

I interrupt this marriage for football season...

Well~ The time has come again for good ol' college football season! I know that every year at this time (and basketball season for that matter) I must check with David a week in advance if I want to make plans with girlfriends, etc. The chance is great that there is a GREAT game on that night and he wants to watch it. I knew this going into our relationship. Yes- he is what I call a "sports fanatic" and sometimes I must use extra patience when it comes to his love for the game. Fortunately, he wants me to be part of his love for the game- and fortunately for me- I've learned to love it over the years. So now we have begun to brainwash our children to love U of L sports (along with Sacred Heart and St.X) and we hope one day they will love to cheer at the games with us. Until then... thank you LuLu and Pop for watching them during the opening game this year... U of L vs. UK!!!!!


GO CARDS!

Now, David has also acquired a love for tailgating. Who am I kidding? He's always loved tailgating... but now he loves getting ready for our own tailgate. He was like a child getting ready for Santa's arrival the night before the opening game. And yes- we had an awesome tailgate thanks to David, Grandaddy, and Jon. The Schultes don't do anything half ass and tailgating is no exception! Needless to say we had a great time! Everyone brought great food- we ate, drank, and were merry! Oh- we were also able to watch the Georgia game- because yes... our tailgate had a tv... So- if you're at the U of L games- come on by our tailgate. Just give us a call!


Our friends who tailgate!
A couple in conflict!
Ashley and Logan make it work though!


Tommy and Blakely!
Now, I'm not sure if Blakely is wearing UofL colors or Bama colors and I'm pretty sure Tommy is celebrating the VOLS (his cup is orange but I didn't get it in the picture) but they still have room in their hearts for the good ol' CARDS!!!

Who are these guys? Just kidding!
Jon and his buddies from that other school...


Jon and Emie

David and me with my friend, Jami, from KWC and her fiance, Bill, a U of L grad!


Grandaddy and Gramma
I missed Uncle Robert and Aunt Rusti- but they were there too!

This year David and I invested in season tickets ourselves. Here is the view from our new seats!

And a view of downtown
The outcome: Not exactly what U of L players would have liked to see. The big blue got another win this year. As U of L fans we say... "There's always basketball". Until then- I'm still a big fan of Charlie Strong. I think he's a good man- a good coach. So here's to Saturday- U of L vs. Eastern Kentucky University.
GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!
~Megan!

No comments: