I met most of the ladies because they had strollers on their front porches after I had Taylor. I left a note on their doors asking them if they wanted to get together. We became fast friends and great neighbors! There are amazing people on South Bayly Avenue! We were getting together in this picture to celebrate Courtney... Her husband, Jeff, finished his job as Project Manager on the KFC Yum! Center (AKA U of L's new arena!) and now they are off to Virginia for a new project. We love her and will miss them tons. Their hope is to return in the next 2 years and we pray that comes true! Courtney's Charlie is one month younger than Taylor and her James is Ben's age as well! We wish them the best of luck in Virginia and we will see them soon!
The Louisville Science Center
Sesame Street: The Body Exhibit!
And speaking about body parts and since this is my blog, I can share what stories I want! Taylor, Ben, and I go to a Music Together class downtown. The owner's name is Maria and she is a fantastic teacher! Before Christmas we were singing about our bodies to the tune of, "This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine"... Maria asked the kids to sing about a body part in exchange for the word "light". Example: This little nose of mine, I'm going to let it shine... When Maria got to Taylor she said, "Taylor, what body part do you want to sing about?" Taylor looked up to her with a grin and said... "My Ginna!" Now, I won't go into further explanation of what body part she wanted to sing about. I'll just let you use your imagination! The entire class bursted into laughter and my face turned four shades of red! Needless to say we did not sing about our "ginnas" but rather our legs!
This Christmas was especially fun for David and me. Watching the Christmas season through Taylor's eyes was very special. David kept buying her gifts just so he could see her excited face when she opened her presents. All she really asked for was a big present with dots on it. If you look back to the picture of the tree... David made sure his little girl got what she wanted! We also baked a birthday cake for Jesus and celebrated his birthday. This is a fun way to teach our kids about the meaning of Christmas. Next year will be even more fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment