Monday, September 3, 2012

GO CARDS!!!

Good morning!  David is playing golf this morning and I thought it would be a perfect time to blog while I'm still in my pajamas, having my second cup of coffee, and the kids are playing sleep over in the living room.  (I probably just jinxed myself- but they are so cute and laughing with each other!)  Today is a good day- Monday and Tuesday were not.  THANK GOD school has started once again!  The kids are in school from 9am- noon.  Taylor is in 4 days a week and Ben in is 3 days a week.  The invention of preschool and parents day out is a gift from God (and a smart woman I'm sure)!  Here are some pictures of what we've been up to lately.  I hope all is well and that you are enjoying a wonderful Labor Day weekend... We sure are!!! 

 Playing at the Library
 
 

 Dinner with our cousins!


 Taylor trying to make baby Reaves laugh... I think Reaves thinks she's more crazy than funny!
 
 Playing catch with Uncle Mark in her princess shoes
 
 Lucy and Taylor
 
 WATCH OUT! 
 
 Ben had croup a couple weeks ago.  We had been to the doctor's office and I was putting things away in the other room and walked into this.  Would you ever believe this kids don't follow directions and fight sometimes???
 If you knew me in high school- you may remember my parents owning a VW pop top camper.  I drove this when I was 16 too- very cool- right!  Anyway- they sold it a number of years ago and decided to buy another camper so they can take the kids camping.  I have lots of memories of camping with my parents when I was younger.  I'm pretty sure our kids are going to love it! 
 
The kids sitting on the top bunk inside the camper... 
 
 
Ahhh... and the Kentucky State Fair has come to town again!!!
 The largest pumpkin I've ever seen!
 
 

 The Ferris Wheel was their first fair ride ever.  They loved it! 
 
 And then she saw more rides and rode this all by herself.  I felt a little part of my heart break when she said she could ride this all by herself.  She did not hesitate one bit.  She gave her ticket the the man at the gate walked right in and said I want this swing Mom... She jumped up in the seat, I buckled her, and away she flew into the sky...  just... like... that...
 
 
 She is taking ballet and tap every Wednesday and loves it!
 
 Mom took Taylor for the weekend and David was out of town so Ben and I went to the zoo.  Have you ever seen the hippos sleeping in the water?  Pretty neat....
 
 The animals were quite active this particular day! 
 
 And you can't go to the zoo without riding the Merry Go Round!
 
 We threw our good friends, Ashely and Logan, and engagement party with some other of our friends.  Here is a picture of the Bride! 
 
 And the happy couple!
 
 And the purple shirt club!  They were being took silly and and kept moving my fancy iphone camera could not keep up with them so it turned out blurry.  They were having too good of a time I suppose!
 
And football season has begun!  The CARDS opener was against the UK Cats.  We defeated the Cats 32- 14!!!  We had LOTS of rain thanks to Hurricane Issac- but we weathered through!  But- I have a very creative husband who saved us all from the rain!  Honestly- he sets up the best tailgate ever!  Thanks to everyone who brought some food, laughter, and everything in between!  And- thanks to Virginia for bringing the BBQ- it was a hit!
 
 Some drinks and snacks under cover!
 
 Go Cards!
 CARDS CARDS CARDS!!!!!
 
And a special Happy Birthday shout out to Jon- who turned 30 this week!  I didn't get a picture- but Happy Birthday none the less! 
 
Wishing you all a wonderful short week! 
Love you all! ~Megan
 

No comments: