Today is a snow day. I have to wake the kids up at 7am every morning but today... on the day they could have slept in (and I could have slept in) they were at my bedside at 7:15am telling me to get up. WHY??? By 10am they had played in the- maybe two inches of- snow and were on their hot chocolate. Now it is 2:30pm. I have worked out at home, showered, and put beef stew in the crock pot and they are on their 2nd movie. We've played a couple of games but we are very LAZY today. I guess a day of rest is nice but come on people- we just had a 2 and a half week break for the holidays. Please... let there be school! I hear this time goes by fast though- at least that is what "they" say. So I will enjoy this time with my kiddos... after I clean the upstairs bathrooms and change the sheets and take out the trash and recycling... yes- then I'll enjoy my kids fighting and yelling at each other because one of them wronged the other one, touched them, or sat too close to them... I really need an eye rolling emoji on this new computer! Oh I'm kidding! But I have already had a thought about bourbon in a glass on ice!
OK OK- here are some of our fun times this Holiday season with family and friends. We are very blessed and had a wonderful Christmas season!
This is my neighbor Meghan and I cheering on the Lady Cards!
Taylor had to dance with a boy and was not happy about it...
(She asked me not to post her video of her dancing with her dancing partner:)
Mom and Dad got two new girls. Abby and Sophie are the sweetest little wild things!
Ben's dance he learned at school!
Favorite Santa picture!
Aunt Marie came in town for her annual gingerbread decorating tradition.
The kids look forward to this every year!
A KY evening sky in December
Mom and Dad took us to A Christmas Carol at Actors Theater. It is great every single time!
We played games
Our Catholic Prep collected bags for the homeless
Molly had a Christmas show!
David's first year hosting the Office Christmas Party. He handed out trophies to everyone in the office... similar to the Dundees if you ever watched The Office!
Gramma and Grandaddy took us on the Polar Express! Our cousin Reaves was in town too and we had a great time!
Yes- Christmas break was meant for sleeping in and slumber parties!
Taylor asked for double bars like this for Christmas. She loves them but Santa could not fit them in our house so going to the gym is as good as it gets!
Look closely- can you see Lamar in red? That is our Heisman winner winner chicken dinner!
We decorated sugar cookies with our friends
and ate some....
Proof that Santa came through Louisville!!!!
Ben got lots of new legos!
Molly got dress up clothes and puzzles!
Taylor got new a science kit!
We hosted Christmas Dinner and had a wonderful time!
So the football Gods had football on Christmas- What? Why? The Steelers played on Christmas evening and since half of our family is from PA- we watched the Steelers take a victory!
We played LOLZ- you just must play it!
We had dinner with long time friends!
We climbed walls with our cousins!
And the kids wrestled with each other- which isn't new but fun memories all the same.
We wish you the very best 2017. May it bring you love and laughter and blessings.
Ben turns 7 in a couple weeks... Oh my! Stay turned!
xoxo, Megan!
No comments:
Post a Comment