Thursday, January 4, 2018

Baby It's COLD Outside


Hello to you on this chilly day in January!  It is 8 degrees in Louisville today and if you were one who walked 3 miles to school in the snow when you were younger my kids can relate.  I just sent them out to the bus stop with hats and gloves and coats in 8 degree frigid weather.  Luckily for them the bus was on time and they only had to wait a few minutes!  Not the same thing you say?  
Well- it is 2018 ya know!  

I left off in September I think on my last post so I will pick up in October.  David and I attended his 15 year reunion from Vanderbilt University in Nashville.  We had a great weekend hanging with his buddies and their wives.  We stayed up way too late but it was such a nice time away and being adults without kids for a little bit!  Shout out to David's parents for watching the kids while we were away:) 



We have been celebrating Jon and Rebecca for several months!  They are a great pair and we are so happy for them.  This was their reception open for friends and family.  It's so fun to celebrate people you love!  
Triple Trouble


Jon and his "sisters"

So this Boy was Student of the Month in November!! 


And we had a date to see Finding Neverland at the Center for the Arts.  We are pretty lucky in Louisville with the Arts.  We also took the kids to see The Grinch Stole Christmas.  It is was a good show!

Happy Halloween!

And Happy Thanksgiving from the Schultes and Evans!

Siblings celebrate Rebecca's Birthday!


Taylor's friend was in The Best Christmas Pageant Ever at Stage One.  

Molly's #1 buddies!

And this Lady was Student of the Month for December!!! 

I'm still very close to my friends from high school and this is a picture of us celebrating Lauren (to the left of the podium).  She has a new job full of exciting potential.  Celebrating your friends is one of the best feelings ever!!! 


Our office bought Christmas gifts and winter clothes for 2 sweet little kiddos and 5 Christmas dinners from Kroger this year!  This was David's second year of being "The Boss".  He must be doing something right because the patients keep coming back, everyone is able to pay their bills, he gave out bonuses and raises this year, and we are still married!  He doesn't get enough credit for the things he does at work.  For being a fantastic Dentists and running his business.  His Dad has gave him a great gift and well run machine and he is available for leadership anytime we need it.  I see the good David does, the many hats he wears at work, and the many directions he is pulled in everyday.  So here's my shout out to him!  Thank you David for everything you do for us!  


David said, "Lets have an ugly sweater contest for a cash prize at our office party".  These Ladies said, "GAME ON!"  David thought his Christmas blazer would win the prize- ha ha ha!!! 

We took our office out to lunch and David handed out "Schultes" which one could compare to "Dundees" from the show, The Office.  It has become a tradition now.  He was taking this photo so you are missing his awesome Christmas Blazer but you can see several people out did him! 

Lady Gaga came to town before Santa!! 

This is how we feel in the morning around these parts...

Merry Christmas from the Evans! 


Hanging out at Aunt Rebecca's and Uncle Jon's with Reaves! 


Lego obsessed... He even wants to put together Legs for the girls.

David humored me and went to NeedtoBreath with me.  It was a great acoustic show.  


Santa brought lots of Legos...



He puts them together with little help from us.  He is a really cool dude:)

Santa was good to Cora!

And last but not least- We registered this babe for Kindergarten last month.  I know- I can't believe it.  As the third kiddo- she has spunk and sass and attitude.  She is small but mighty and lets few people push her around.  She has a strong vocabulary that also consists of lots of private parts and uses them at anytime to make her siblings laugh.  She keeps it interesting for sure and she'll be facing the real world come August...

Other news in the Schulte World- Taylor and Ben are both playing basketball for our Church.  Ben's league has their first practice tonight.  Taylor's team is undefeated and it seems that basketball has brought out determination and aggression in that girl.  She'll try to steal the ball from anyone- she.don't.care.  It could have to do with her coach.  He expects a lot from her and has risen to meet his expectations.  I say he's to hard on her but her coach says, "Megan, not everyone really gets a trophy.  That is not realistic and I want our kids to know when the mess up so they can get better."  Okay Okay- whatever Coach...  by the way- David is coaching both the kids' teams:) 

So things have been pretty good around these parts for us.  My heart is heavy though because I have a friend who lost her Mother to a long battle with cancer last month.  Right before the Holidays.  I have another friend who just had to make the call for Hospice to come in and care for her Father who she recently has repaired her relationship with and it's just not fair.  Please don't think for a minute that through these happy faces I post and celebrate that we don't hurt sometimes.  Life is hard and unexpected things happen to us all.  We are aware that our world is messy.  People suffer.  

I hope I didn't steal your joy just then.  I didn't mean to.  
I pray for peace and love and laughter to enter your 2018.  
May you be blessed with safety, health, and lots of love!  

~Megan 








No comments: