My apologies.... The older I get the less I blog. Luckily for all of us- I have plenty of time these days this blog and you have plenty of time to read! It has almost been a year since I've posted. That is terrible. I hope these bring you joy in the midst of this pandemic. This thing is real and people are dying. I am so grateful for our health, food in our pantry, and a roof over our heads. We are hanging in there. I'm not the est homeschool mother. My children get much more out of their teachers in the classroom and the social interaction from their peers. I realize some families choose homeschool outside of a pandemic. That is the best choice for their family, I know. I am grateful for our teachers. I wanted to be a teacher. Teaching my own kids is hard. This too will pass. We will be able to walk to our favorite local restaurant in a few months, sit down on the patio and enjoy a cold blue moon. We will be surrounded by friends and laughter and the fresh air of the patio. Until then- we are safe. I lose my cool every now and then. We have good days and bad days. Lord, please give us strength!
Let me catch you up in pictures. A lot of them are not in order from last May. I still can not believe I haven't blogged in such a long time...
Welcome to The Schulte School! Where the 6th grader is so much cooler than anyone else. She is my best student. She's completely independent while at school. Thank you to LPAS and Holy Spirit for creating such an independent learner! My 4th grader... notice both girls are working on their computers and Ben is looking at me. Now you have some insight into our school days. He is the best procrastinator. He is so smart but won't do a sentence more than what is expected. I know how much he works for his teacher at school. I worry I will not be enough for him. He needs to be back in the classroom at a real school. Until then- we'll just push him to keep reading. The first-grader is doing well. Her teacher communicates the most with me and boy do I need it!
Taylor lasted about 5 minutes in this classroom setting before blaming Ben for looking at her the wrong way. Dramatically, she gathered all her books and computer and announced that she was going to her room to work quietly because Ben is SO ANNOYING! Yes- my friends, she is dramatic but I do have to admit... Ben has sharpened his pencil and pushes buttons of his sister's they never knew they had. It is quite a skill- let me tell you! It is so fun to be together... all the time... Of course he laughs in delight when they yell and hit him. It is a smirk that every time quietly says... "I win!"
I'm also a PE teacher. Molly learned how to ride on two wheels! I'm not sure if this video will show or not. But she rocked it!
True Kentucky redneck here... No front teeth!
Taylor said, "Molly, you should die your hair purple during the quarantine." Molly, who adores all things Taylor, said "OK!"
Back up to May 2019 (again- sorry!) Taylor turned 11 on May 16th.
May Birthdays 2019... Taylor 11 and Molly 6!
Taylor is smart, talented, and loves her Mama! She still struggles with some anxiety from time to time but has come such a long way since 1st grade when warning signs of OCD and anxiety began to show. She has check-ins with her therapist and is on a low dose of medicine. This makes a world of difference for the way she feels on the inside. She's my best eater and hand washer! Taylor loves to wear makeup. Thanks to YouTube she can watch endless makeup demos for stage makeup. She is growing up- even though I tried to stop it. It has just happened. She is aware of current events and still talks to me about her feelings and things going on at school. Lord, please let her always talk to me. When we found out school was going to be out for an extended period of time we decided to get her a phone so she could text and facetime with her friends. We were going to hold out until she was 12 but desperate times call for desperate measures. She does not have social media but we are glad that she can connect with her friends in the way that tweens connect. It has made this quarantine much more manageable for her.
Molly is a free spirit with the biggest heart. She loves so big which also means she gets her feelings hurt more often. She is my best hugger! I adore my time with her because as I watch Taylor, I know this time will go so fast. She loves her siblings and devourers the time that Taylor lets her sleep in her bed with her! She loves anything that Taylor loves and will always side on Taylor's side when it comes to choosing between Ben and Taylor.
Last Memorial Day 2019 we went to visit our dear friends in New Orleans! They moved there in November 2018 and we were so happy to be with them and explore their new city!
Molly turned 6 while we were exploring!
Back to March 2020. Jack (Jon and Rebecca's son) turned #1! Everyone loves Jack. It is so fun to watch him grow!
Back to summer 2019. Summer Camp! I hope we get to go again this summer because it is Molly's first summer to go to camp.
Taylor graduated 5th grade and started a new journey at Holy Spirit. She transitioned beautifully to middle school.
Ben and his buddies at nerf wars!
Kentucky State Fair with the Evans'
First day of school, August 2019. Taylor 6th grade, Ben 4th grade, and Molly 1st grade. Taylor started 6th grade at Holy Spirit School. This is the school that is part of our church.
I continue to serve on the YMCA Board. I love it. We raise money to put back into our community. Last year we helped over 19,000 families participate in 24 community programs that support health and well being. Taylor helped raise money this year too!
Several of us had the opportunity to travel to CA with the Y for a conference. I have gained so many friendships through being a part of this organization.
I am currently serving as the annual campaign chair and this is my team!
We went to the beach with David's Family!
Pop turned 70 on June 11th 2019!!!
David traveled with his brothers, Dad, Uncle, and friends to Florida this past February for R&R- or rather no rest but all golf! They played at Streamson Golf Resort. They had a great time and we are finding that we work too much and rest too little.
Ben played basketball this year with his Dad as his coach!
He also turned 10 in January!
He is so handsome. He loves to read, irritated his sisters, and play Minecraft on his tablet. He is smart and has a kind heart. He is my most social kid so far. He could be at his friend's house and not come home for days if we let him. (He secretly loves his sisters but would never admit it) He is also allergic to all vegetables.
He loves to read!
Here is our Dental Office! We inherited these crazy people and this Office from David's Dad, AKA Dr. Mark. This past December we celebrated Schulte Family Dentistry's 40th Anniversary. He (and Virginia) started it from the ground up and now David is running the family business. I continue to watch David grow as a Husband, Friend, Son, Coach, Father, and Dentist. It is funny how some of these titles swallow the others. Running a business is HARD WORK. It eats at you emotionally and takes a toll on you, your employees, and family if you don't play your cards right. You have to manage and compartmentalize the stress that comes with being the owner of your own life. You not only support your own family financially with the bounty of your business, but you're also responsible for 15 other lives. Piece of cake! We made the decision to close the office due to the quarantine before our Governor made the call. There was too much at risk, and like I said, we are responsible for 15 other lives. I realize I switch from David, to he, to us... I do work at our office. I do share some of David's stress related to our office. I do a lot at our office and I take some stress off of David's shoulders- but I feel he is the force that keeps it all going. I see first hand the care he has for his patients and our staff- even though our patients and employees sometimes expect him to move heaven and earth for them. I digress...
In the past several weeks I have watched David as he was confronted with a problem, a pandemic, that put Dentists and Dental professionals at the top of the list for those in more danger for the virus to spread. I've watched him plan and communicate with our team. I've watched him make the decision to lay off all employees, even myself, so we could all collect unemployment through this time of uncertainty. He has read and researched the best practices for us to enter back into the workforce with the most appropriate PPE that can be offered at this time. It is challenging for everyone right now. He is meeting this challenge. He applied for a small business loan that was offered and we were approved for it yesterday. This is big.
I won't lie. I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed our 4 weeks off so far. David is good at saving money in a rainy day fund. We have had to cut back on things but we've been together. He misses a lot with the kids because of work, even though he chose a profession where he could go on vacations when he wanted and be home in time to coach the kids in sports. He still misses that chunk of time when the kids get home from school, spill about their school day, and start their homework. We have had dinner at the table every night together. We watch movies and play games together. I have loved this time together and am not complaining about having more of it. I do pray for an end to Covid-19. People are dying and one of our friends was just diagnosed. It is real. Lord, please let us all find a way to continue this slow down with life after we return to work, school, and play.
The girls are still performing. When they perform together- my heart explodes!
Ahhh- you made it! Last picture! Every day at 5pm our Governor, Andy Beshear, updates us with "facts no fear". We dressed up for the occasion this past week because- why not??? I saw on Facebook that several people were doing this so I copied. It was fun. And No- I couldn't breathe in my dress!
Our prayers are for you and your loved ones. We send you our love, laughter, and peace. Speaking of peace, Ben and Molly are fighting over a cereal bowl right now. He called her a little 6 year old. Big mistake Ben... Big mistake. Her face is red and her fists are up and ready to punch. Lord, be with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment