Our Derby Week began with good friends and airplanes and ended with a good nights sleep and a little money in our pockets. We had a great time with friends and family and are looking forward to it again next year!
This picture has nothing to do with Derby... ohps! In looking back at previous blogs- I've left out my parents... how rude of me! Here is a picture of us from Ben's Baptism.
On to Derby week!
Taylor caught on and yelled... "C-A-R-D-S... Go Cards Go!" She must be ready for football season!

The Pegasus herself... (I'm assuming it's a lady)
This is the River City Drum Corp. When I worked at Brooklawn, some of our boys were part of this drumming band... It was really neat to see them perform but I didn't see any of the boys I worked with.

We saw LOTS of horses...
While we were having fun at the parade, my new hot gardener was working hard at home! We have done a lot of stuff to our yard... acting like real grow- ups! David has really done the most. He has mulched all our beds, added borders to all the beds and is mowing once a week now. I've moved some hostas around to make a nice hosta bed and planted some new flowers to add some color to the back yard. My Mom planted us a small herb garden in the back too!
David's parents took us to Oaks again. We had a great time, as always!
This picture didn't turn out so great- but we also met up with Lauren, Ashley, and Logan at Oaks!
It was a great day and we really enjoyed ourselves being just David and Megan for the day... not Taylor and Ben's parents!
Derby day was yucky and rainy. We had a few friends over and watched the races. We did win a little bit of money too! Taylor spent her Derby day walking around in Ashley's heels!
Taylor clapping to the band...
We wish you a great week! Our next blog will be of Taylor's second birthday! Time flies when you're having fun! We also wish all the mothers out there a fabulous week. We love our mothers and are so thankful for them!
Happy Spring! ~Megan
No comments:
Post a Comment