Sunday, May 16, 2010

Taylor's #2

Well- it finally arrived... Taylor's 2nd Birthday! We started the week out with some sunshine and playing outside. Ben's little neck is getting stronger and he is now able to sit in the Bumbo. (A Bumbo is a seat made with a high back so babies can sit up like bigger babies.) Taylor loves that Ben can "sit up" and loves that this gives her one more angle to pester... I mean... love on him!

Both of our kids love being outside. This seems to be Taylor and David's new thing to do together. They lay on the ground together looking up at the big Oak tree in our back yard.

Daddy's girl!

bath time!


Sweet little duck!


For Mother's Day, David and I had our families for dinner. Unfortunately, Jon and Emie left before this occurred...

Now... There are many words that could describe this picture...

I'm not sure how many of you know this about David's Father, but he loves Barry Manilow! And however many CDs he owns, he only listens to one in his car... Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits. If you were a guest at our wedding, you were able to witness our parents dancing and singing into spoons to, "Can't smile without you"! Well folks, here they are again.... four years later- they still got it! I regret my video came out with no sound- but believe me- this was a sight! I'm not sure if Taylor learned her moves from them or the other way around... but all 5 of them danced just the same!


And onto the birthday party!

(We tried to kept the party on the smaller side by inviting family and our neighbors who have a little boy, Henry, who is Taylor's age. After cooking for everyone- it didn't seem so small after all!)
David made a sandbox for Taylor. I think he may win for the most popular present. She loved playing in the sandbox= very messy. I kept asking her if she was hungry and she kept saying, "I want to pay." (She can't pronounce "L" just yet) When she stopped playing to eat cake, Lauren said, "She's not hungry because she's eating all the sand!" Yes- when I washed off her feet and hands... there was a circle of sand all around her mouth! YUCK!
Hew own trampoline!


Gramma and Grandaddy shared their "jumpy" with us...




Our neighbors Dayna and Nick talking with my Mom...


Uncle Robert and Aunt Rusti...


"The Cook", Pop Pop, on the right made his famous buttermilk pancakes for us. Pancakes are Taylor's favorite but... she was too excited to play on her new stuff- she skipped dinner and just at cake! "The Cleaner- Upper", Grandaddy, on the left - is the best cleaner- upper there is! In addition to Aunt Rusti (see above)- she helped clean up too! THANK YOU!


A good game of kickball always seem to be in play during parties at our house...


And here she is in some of her presents! She is Fancy Nancy all the way! Aunt Lauren, Miles, Lucy, and Stella provided most of her wardrobe! Thank you! She got lots of other great stuff she is still playing with today!




Good night hugs with our neighbor Henry!


***Thank you to Pop Pop for making pancakes for everyone! Thank you to Gramma for making sticky buns! Thank you to Grandaddy and Aunt Rusti for cleaning up. You were very appreciated!***

Taylor's 2 yr. and Ben's 3 month pictures by Hollie Colwick...




Taylor at 3 months...

Ben at 3 months...



No comments: