Thursday, March 3, 2011

He's a walking man!

Hello!  Here is an update from us for the month of February.  It seems like it's been a long month but it looks like a fun one with the pictures I have to post.  I'm so thankful the sunshine is out today and that it is 60 degrees here in Louisville!  The sunshine just changes my mood from good to great! 

Ben is enjoying driving these days and being outside.  He is a lover of the outdoors, as is his sister. 
He is quite the monkey see monkey do after Taylor too.  Taylor has now realized she can reach almost anything she needs (and shouldn't have) with a stool.  We find stools all over the house these days- except when she needs a stool to get on the potty.  She waits until the last possible moment before peeing all over herself to tell us she needs to go tot he bathroom.  At this time, she's running around the house with her pants down yelling, "I can't find it, I can't find it.  Mommy HELP!"  When I find the stool (usually in the kitchen by the candy jar) I place it in the bathroom- only to find it gone again in fifteen minutes.  Needless to say... if Taylor is using a stool- so is Ben.  Her stool in the upstairs bathroom is so she can reach the sink to brush her teeth and wash her hands.  The other day I found Ben on the stool, just like Taylor stands, acting as if he was washing his hands!  He is everywhere these days and we can't contain him!  He has also found several hiding spots around the house that David and I could never imagine on our own.  We have learned not to leave commonly used items in his reach... we may never find them again if we do! 


This is bedtime at our house with Taylor.  (We attempt to read books with her brother, but he'd rather eat them or he jumps out of our arms to crawl to the electric outlets.  We'll revisit bedtime books in a month or two!)  Do you see the orange figure coming out of our book?  Meet Flat Stanley! Flat Stanley is a children's book.  Our Cousin Miles read it in class.  In the book, Stanley Lambchop and his younger brother, Arthur, are given a big bulletin board by their Dad for displaying pictures and posters. He hangs it on the wall over Stanley's bed. During the night the board falls from the wall, flattening Stanley in his sleep. He survives and makes the best of his altered state, and soon he is entering locked rooms by sliding under the door.  As a class project, Miles had to send Flat Stanley on vacation and Miles choose our family for Stanley to visit.  Here he is reading bed time stories with us! 

And here Flat Stanley is at the Dentist! 

And he went to school with Taylor...

Speaking of the Dentist... I now have my check up in the comfort of my own home! 

Ahhh... UofL Basketball!  This picture is of a white out against Pitt.  I thought it was a neat picture of our fans.  David and I look forward to these games more than you realize.  Yes- we've invested a nice chunk of money for our basketball and football tickets, but it is usually a guaranteed date night!  Luckily, we've had extra fun dates this season because as our first season in our new YUM! Center, UofL is undefeated in our own house!!!!!

David and I cooked at home on Valentines.  The kids and I went shopping during the day.  When David got home from work, we packed up the kids and went to the YMCA to work out.  We came home- put the kiddos to bed- and cooked a wonderful steak dinner.  David is a phenomenal griller if you didn't know... I married a goodie! 


And here is what you've been waiting for... our little man walking!  We're so proud!  I feel I talk about Taylor quite a bit on my blog entries so I want to tell you a little more about Benjamin David Schulte.  He is an amazing kid.  We hadn't actually planned to have Ben when we did.  We would have spaced the kids out a little more because it was hard at first... REALLY HARD.  In fact- his whole first year was really hard.  In fact, after we moved into our current home (a month after Taylor's 1st birthday) we found out we were 9 weeks pregnant with Ben.  This was an incredibly stressful time for us... stressful time for me...  The first 6 months of Ben's life were rough.  He didn't sleep well and was super clingy... to me.  It is just now, that I am learning about Ben and how he works.  And this helps Ben be a happier baby boy.  I'm loving him more and more each day.  I've always loved my son of course... but as he develops into his own person he is more fun, more curious, and makes me smile more and more each day.  When I was pregnant with Ben I always thought, "I love Taylor so much.  How could I love another child as much as I love her?"  It seemed impossible.  But the impossible has become possible.  Our kids are very different- but oh how my heart over flows when I see them together, and when I see them smile.  I... love... it! 

Peace and Love to you and yours, Megan!

No comments: