Friday, June 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Taylor!

Taylor is 4 years old!  Here's what we've been up to the last several weeks.  We celebrated her birthday several times- she has had plenty of attention so do not worry!  She's had a pretty good year so far- just see for your self! 
Birthday Breakfast at Plehn's Bakery.  She got a chocolate doughnut with lots of sprinkles!

Her Birthday cake she and Ben decorated!
Family Birthday dinner at our house.  She requested Manicotti... I was cursing myself an hour before having so many people over at our house and the fact that I actually cooked manicotti for 15 people.  As always, it turned out to be a nice dinner with good company!
Blowing out the candles...
For her birthday party with her friends we went to Homemade Pie and Ice cream Kitchen!  We had pizza and decorated sugar cookies on their patio in Crescent Hill.  (Just blocks from where we use to live) As you can see- they enjoyed decorating and eating the icing... I mean cookies! 

 

We are now the proud owners of a jeep.  We adopted it from our neighbors (we are it's 3rd home) and Ben has taken ownership of it.  Although it seems to be he's sharing... don't be fooled!
Taylor's new bike from Gramma and Grandaddy Schulte.  She loves it!  It was pouring down rain on her birthday so she just rode it around in the garage.  Don't worry- she always wears her helmet otherwise.  (Picture taken by Emie)

David's cousin, Greg, gave Taylor a doll for her birthday and she loves it- just look at that smile! 

Riding bikes up and down the street to deliver Arbonne orders.  We only had 3 houses to hit- but it literally took us 45 minutes to get from point A to point B.  Ben doesn't ride his bike very well yet...

We took a short trip to St. Louis to see our cousins.  Since everyone has summer birthdays, except Ben, we celebrated every one's birthday.  Even baby Reaves has a spring/ summer birthday! 

Good Morning!

We ate at a restaurant where they make their own root beer in house.  It was so good and my Dad would love it!  The root beer floats were out of this world! 

Watching the root beer being bottled while we waited for our dinner. 

No one wanted to hold my hand:( 
David's fraternity brother, Ben Musser, came through town again.  He's made several debuts on our blog before.  I have a video I may post of this ABCs song- it's precious!  In return for a good nights sleep while on the road, Ben appeases Taylor and plays the guitar for her.  Very kind:)

We took a break on a hot day for some ice cream at Comfy Cow.  I was helping Taylor and I looked over at Ben... I guess he wanted a big bite of the cone rather than the ice cream!
We went to Fox Hollow Farm in Crestwood, Ky.  (This is just about 20 minutes from our home.)  It is a bio-dynamic farm (no harmful chemicals).  Everyone was so friendly and our tour was very informative.  The kids picked their own carrots, and I got a lot of wholesome grass fed beef too.  We also ate lunch there, which was yummy!  I recommend a visit and lunch anytime!  http://www.foxhollow.com/
Chickens...
Where they lay their eggs!
Down the street from Shine, where we take our Music Together classes, is a new restaurant/ vinyl record store called Please and Thank You.  It was so yummy.  They have a kids corner and I thought it was sweet the kids were drawing together. 



We celebrated 6 years of marriage this May!  It's gone by fast and we've had a great time!  Our dear friends, Jamie and Jacob, had their wedding the night of our anniversary so we were able to celebrate in style!  The reception was at 21C, a museum hotel which is very cool!  We had a wonderful time celebrating friends and new beginnings!
Beautiful Bride! 
Friends since High School!

Here is Liam, Taylor's best buddy!  He lives next door to Gramma (Virginia) and they are in the same pre school class! 

Here she is with her two best buddies, Liam and Leo, at the park feeding the ducks. 
And some girl friends! 
Ice cream with Stella!


David and I took the kids to the Indianapolis Zoo and Children's Museum.  We stayed the night at a hotel with a pool and the kids were in Heaven!  It was such a neat weekend with our little family!






This sign was at the Museum.  I thought it had a pretty "deep" meaning... Much more than kids just playing house and imitating their parents.... 
Hot wheels exhibit... (David may have loved this more than the kids!)

Lego exhibit... Can you believe this race car is made out of legos??? 
A little Mario Brothers anyone!!!  Dave and I could have played this for hours!

Dinosaur foot print




This picture is for my parents.  When I was younger they had a pop top VW camper.  Rumor has it they are looking for one to take my kids camping just like so many years ago!
It was a good weekend! 



Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.  May you enjoy the sunshine and laugh and love!  ~Megan!!!



No comments: