I'll start with me for a change. I'm feeling good but boy- am I tired! I'm doing my best to keep the kids occupied during the day and not turn on the TV since we can't go outside- but I'm pretty tired at the end of the day. Putting my feet up and asking David to get me a snickers blizzard from Dairy Queen is what gets me through the day! The kids are great-and excited about our baby girl!
We've put the kids back in swim lessons again. Last year we chose the program, Infant Swim Resource, based on my friends speaking so highly of the program. I was going to be with them by myself at the YMCA pool all summer where the lifeguards are 16 and the pool is full kiddos. 3 years ago now there was a family swimming at their neighborhood pool here in Louisville and the Mom was standing in the water near her 8 year old son talking to another parent. She looked up in mid conversation to scan the pool for her son, lay eyes on him, and then carry on with her conversation. She didn't lay eyes on her son that was right next to her 5 minutes ago. A short time later the lifeguard found him at the bottom of the pool.... Needless to say- I needed some peace of mind if I was going to be 2:1 at the pool. I needed good swimmers. Here is what we choose to do with our kiddos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aseQsDBJS6c
Now- I will admit my children were not loving this in the beginning but were sufficient swimmers at the end of the 6 week course. The program runs 6 weeks straight, 5 days a week, for 10 minutes each day. When I broke the news that I was taking them again for a 3 week refresher before this summer began- they were less than happy. So I did what all good Moms do... I bribed them! Taylor did great the first week and did not need a second week of lessons. Ben is almost finished- he has taken a bit longer to understand he needs to stay still while floating on his back.
Do they look like I tortured them? They bounce back pretty easy with a lunch from Jimmy Johns!
Swimming just for fun at the new YMCA in town. They have a special pool for kiddos with a waterfall, slide, and surprise buckets that drop when you least expect it! I took this picture from my seat on the ground where I prop my big belly up with extra towels against the wall.
Lunch at our favorite local bagel spot!
Now- you know we're CARD fans! We're so proud of our team and hopefully we'll get to travel to Atlanta with them for the final 4!!! I would like to give David a shout out because he is why we have done so well. He's worn his lucky shirt and lucky pants to every home game and game we've watched on TV. Who is a dedicated fan??? This guy!
And- he got picked to win our section free qudoba! Our section was very appreciative!
More basketball... David and his brother, Jon, played basketball in a church league this winter. Here is Taylor cheering them on! Unfortunately, she didn't cheer hard enough at the final game and their season ended earlier than they wished.
We took a free weekend to visit our cousins in St. Louis! This was a movie night- they look a little scary- but it's just the way my iphone takes pictures in the dark.
Aunt Shannon and Lucy indulging Ben in his love for puzzles...
The girls (minus Reaves) eating breakfast.
The boys hanging out after a UL basketball win! (Notice David's lucky shirt and pants!)
Taylor and her class pet "Spots" on a date with David and me.
Isn't this sweet? They love books at bedtime- and this warmed my heart!
This is probably unprofessional and I apologize to Emie- but she took this picture and isn't it great? Don't they look like they love each other? Emie is working on her photography business, 4 Bears Photography, and took the kids for a outing to Shelbyville, KY for this picture. It is so sweet!
We have a new walking bridge in town. It is an old railroad bridge that has been transformed into a bridge for runners and walkers. It starts on our side of the river and goes over to Jeffersonville, IN. It is exciting to see it get so much use. When the weather gets warmer- it will be a great place to walk with the kids and get so nice "city" fresh air!
And who doesn't like a good tea party?
There you have it- the last month or two for us... We are doing well and trying to make it through this chilly weather that we thought would be warm days and cool nights. Spring break begins on Monday and I'm not sure if we'll even be able to go to the zoo. Here's to being hopeful...
I'd like to ask for a quick prayer request from you all if I may. I am part of a Why Catholic? group that meets twice a year for 6 weeks. We meet in the home of Dawn and Larry Adams and we all have become quite close- as those in a Bible study do. Larry called me earlier today and shared that his wife, Dawn, has been diagnosed with cancer. The cancer is in her Lymph Node and has not spread at this time. She will begin chemo soon and will begin high dosages of medications. Please pray for her health, her strength, and her healing. She is a strong women and always has a smile on her face. It leaves one with lots of questions...
Thank you for your time to stay connected with our family. We hope to see you soon. May warm air and sweet sunshine meet your face very soon. With Love~ Megan
No comments:
Post a Comment