Our first floor is nearly finished! We moved into our kitchen, study, mud room, and living room almost 4 weeks ago. We love it! Although, we are finding that the addition that was put on years ago is not quite insulated and I've been wearing my Alpaca socks from Cadiz, KY for about 2 weeks now! Ben has been forced to wear long sleeves and slippers and the rest of us pile layer upon layer. We knew we'd run into things with this beaut but MAN it's cold outside!
We had a wonderful Christmas, our first on Field Avenue, We rang the New Year in with David's brothers and their beautiful ladies! We moved furniture downstairs and attempted to unpack. I went away with my best friend from college the last weekend of January and came home to our sewage pipe backed up for two days. Then my car was hit but luckily on the passenger side door. So- since the insurance company is paying for a rental- I am having my entire side fixed from when a babysitter swiped a mailbox several years ago and scratched the entire side of my van. There is a sweet side to everything- yes? Ahhh... We finally closed on our Tuckaho home. We also found out Benjamin got into Lincoln Performing Arts School (Taylor's new school) where he will start kindergarten in the fall!
There are some things I'm leaving out that have also been stressors for us- but no one really wants to read about the yucky stuff. (Don't worry- I have lots of cute pictures:) I do want to tell you that renovating a home.... any home... is a test on your marriage, friendship, and parenting. Chances are you will want to get in your car, all by yourself, and drive far far away from the spouse that shares different renovating ideas with you and children that drive you absolutely insane at times. I did contemplate running far far away to a deserted island several time, only to return several weeks later to a finished and decorated product with well behaved children that don't make messes. SIGH- who am I kidding! I am happy to report that David and I are still married and I think he still likes me- wink wink:) Our children- well... They are sweet, and well behaved at times but very rotten!
Mark and Shannon's kids and Jon's daughter, Reaves, were in town for Christmas and new Years, Aunt Shannon planned some minute to win in games for us to play on New Years Eve. We had a good time! We saw the new Annie that came out at the movies and we had lots of down time to just hang out.
Catch the Oreo in your mouth...
Oh- we also had some family pictures taken too:)
Mark and Virginia's Family complete with all 7 grandchildren
Our little family, December 2014
David and I turned 34 in October
Taylor 6 and a half, Ben almost 5, and Molly 19 months
Reaves and Ben.
They have a special cousin- ship!
Dinner and dancing with friends!
NO caption needed!
Bailey has now found all her favorite spots to sunbathe
This big girl is reading chapter books!
our living room
our kitchen
Katy and I got away to Nashville for a weekend!
and I came home to this...
It took them 45 minutes and a 75 foot snake claw thing to unplug the sewer drain... YUCK!
Ben turned 5!
It is a Harvey Browne Preschool tradition that Dr. Bailey, the Director, gifts a pencil and a hug to every birthday kiddo.
Hot Krispy Kremes for snack for the Birthday Boy!
And the celebrating continued at dinner!
Still wearing the birthday crown!
Waiting patiently while Dad puts the game table together he got Ben for his birthday
This picture melts my heart. First of all she never falls asleep on me. Look at her with her paci and her baby tucked in her arms...
Yep- the cake doesn't lie!
Those are sharks floating in the ocean in case you couldn't tell.
More minute to win it games!
More presents
"Mom, it's too cold."
We went to St. Louis for the weekend and hit the Magic House Children's Museum.
We love it there!
Veterinarian Ben
Three cute little Chefs
Everyone is having a little problem with static these dry winter days.
sliding down a 3 story slide!
Hanging with Miles!
Lucy and Stella had a Daddy Daughter dance at their school while we were visiting.
These two joined them for dinner before the dance:)
My Dad took the big kids to a train show in town. They got their faces painted and Dad bought them wooden train whistles to paint. Did I mention the whistles are LOUD? Thanks Dad...
Happy Valentines Day!
Boy did it snow! We got about 11 inches when it was all said and done. The kids were out of school all week... ALL WEEK. This weekend melted some things but then it all froze last night. When David woke up Monday morning he said "I am SO glad I don't have a driveway to shovel." But I must give him a shout out for all the work he did do outside to keep us safe (and the mailman).
David's "snow fort"
He's really just a big kid
"Please don't have school tomorrow, please don't have school tomorrow..."
The loved their snow days!
May you stay warm today and if you live somewhere warm already- keep it to yourself! We wish you a wonderful week and we'll see you soon!
~Megan



No comments:
Post a Comment