Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays to you all from Louisville this December day.  Ben climbed in bed with me this morning and said "Mom... Mom!  It's 2 days until Christmas!" and then he gave a quiet high pitched squeal! Kids are so fun at this time of the year.  I asked Taylor what she wanted from Santa this year and she said... "I think I just want him to surprise me."  Oh... umm.. there must be something you can tell him???  Please???  Sigh, I just hope Santa brings something that makes her smile.. NO PRESSURE...

We are doing well considering all that renovations have thrown at us.  The walls of our 3 bedroom apartment- with no closets to stuff your junk in and close the door- are slowly closing in on us.  There is light at the end of the tunnel though.  The cabinets are up on the wall but minus hardware.  The appliances have arrived, and there is paint on the walls in living, dining, and hallways.  Our builder has done so much work to retain the look of our old home and we are thankful for him.  David finally has a living room where he can retreat to after the rest of us go to bed.  Oh don't worry- he didn't miss a beat of football season!

I hope all is well with you and your family this Holiday season.  This family looks forward to a new year of spending time together and moving a little slower than we have the past few months.  Oh- and thank you so much for all your prayers regarding our Tuckaho home.  Praise the Lord there is a contract out on it!

It snowed in November and we had our first snow day.  Louisville weather is so strange... It is 53 degrees here on December 23rd.  


Taylor and I packed Thanksgiving dinners for others at Church

Best buddies

Go Cards! 


House renovations...




  




\
She's ready to be a big kid already! 

Stella and Taylor watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

Thanksgiving kids dinner



Taylor, despite her rocky transition to a new school and new home, was student of the month for the month of December.  Super proud! 

Our annual Gingerbread houses with Aunt Marie from TX 




 Ben's Christmas performance 

Don't they look thrilled to be singing?  This is actually during the story of baby Jesus.  I videoed the rest and he smiled more while singing! 

The Polar Express!!! 





Mom took this for your Christmas card... wait- maybe a New Years card or if  we're lucky- we'll get it by Valentines Day! 

Merry Christmas to All and to All a Goodnight!  
xoxo~Megan

No comments: