Friday, August 21, 2015

School's back in session

I am sure the teachers are sad to be back in school for another year- but this Mama is kind of happy.  At least I was happy until their teachers sent homework home- what were they thinking???  The kids are happy to be back in school although they are tired from long days.  Taylor is happy to have Ben at school with her and Ben has been waiting his whole life to be at school with Taylor.  I think he loves riding the bus more than anything- but hey... whatever gets you up in the morning!

Soaking up our last days of summer...

Our last (hopefully) lemonade stand of the year!  We are so close to the St. Joes Picnic the kids mad $25.00 at their lemonade stand! We took half and gave it to Church and they kept the other half for games at the picnic and to spend on whatever they please.   

She doesn't stay still for very long so I had to get this picture! 

Louisville now has a walking bridge that connects to Jeffersonville IN.  We took the big kids and their bikes and rode to IN for ice cream and back to KY.  It has a pretty cool view too! 


Stinker, Rotten.  2 going on 12.

I've started to bake bread and I have to say I really love it and it kind of makes me feel like a super woman.  We turned the bread into cinnamon rolls too and they were yummy.  I have a good friend who loves to cook and I'm slowly stealing her recipes:)  I'm hoping to spend more time with her and become a better cook.  

An impromptu bike ride to ice cream after the first day of school.  Molly and I drove since she refuses to stay in the wagon and walking with her takes an hour to cover one mile of ground... 


Shenanigans. Monkey see monkey do.

David went to Chicago with Jon and some buddies and left us to play.  We went to the zoo and then the pool.  I was hoping to wear them out but the big kids still stayed up until 10pm... There's no rest for the weary I suppose!  


Billy goat yoga!


While the big kids are at school Molly and I play!  (Shhh! Don't tell them) Our Science Center has recently renovated their first floor.  There now is an entire section for creating art which includes markers... If you don't pay attention to her for one minute- this is what happens. On her other arm is my name and phone number written in permanent marker because she can run and hide before I realize it- Sigh.... 

Molly wants another baby.  Luckily our neighbor Bo is still a baby:)  Yes- he is almost as big as she is!  

It warms my heart when he lines them up and "Mom! Look- they are color coded!"

A trip to Mamoth Cave! 
We took the historical tour and this path was called Fat Man's Misery!  Ha Ha! Everyone was ducking their heads and sucking in and Ben said... "I don't have to duck at all Mom."  Yes Ben, for once being small has its advantages! 


Literally read the writing on the walls... 

She never cooperates for pictures these days...


Take note of his orange shirt.
  This. is. his. favorite. shirt.  
I keep waiting for a target gift card from the family resource center to be sent home to use for clothes!

I took a weekend and met some college friends in Nashville! 

Some honky tonkin'



First day of school!
Lincoln Performing Arts School
Taylor- 2nd grade
Ben Kindergarten

Mission Complete! 


Well- we had a great summer and we hope you did too.  
I 'm asking for some prayers on this blog entry.  I usually don't do this but it is my blog and you all are my people so I'm going to ask.  We- our family- have recently left the church where I became Catholic, we were married, and baptized our 3 children.  Epiphany will always have a special place in our hearts.  We have joined Holy Spirit, a Catholic Church just up the street.  (Epiphany is about 20 minutes from us.) There is a school along with the parish and our kids will be able to play sports with the kids at the parish and school.  This is a great memory that David has from his childhood and he wants our kids to have this memory and experiences too.  I'm looking forward to this new journey but  I. do. not. like. change.  I ask that you please pray for the spiritual growth of our family as a whole.  Our children growing up in this crazy world where really bad things happen.  Our faith must be strong to teach and guide them and since they say it takes a village- I just ask you to keep us in your prayers.  I appreciate it!  In return- I'll be praying for you too.  

Love and Laughter~
Megan

No comments: