Tuesday, November 10, 2015

35 Halloweens

Yes my friends, that is correct... David and I have now celebrated Halloween 35 times.  How this news is true- I do. not. know.  I am not sure how time, and life for that matter, just happens and bang... You are on the other half of 30- the half that sits closer to 40...

After a month of feeling sorry for myself (men don't seem to have as much trouble with aging) and then being sick with a cold that last forever- I am seeing more clearly now.  Life is precious.  Life is an honor.  I am trying to ignore the lines around my eyes when I look in the mirror.  I am not thinking about how my metabolism already slowed down when I skipped the gym for a month.  No- I am not thinking about those things at all.  This blog is full of sweet faces- faces I that make me feel special and make me a better person, a better friend, daughter, wife, and mother,..


The good ol' Kentucky State Fair!







This sweet face will steal your food or favorite toy when you're not looking- or even if you are looking.  She doesn't care.  And if you want it back- you better hurry because she runs away really fast!  

The last time you will ever see me in glasses... well- the Doctor said I will need "readers" when I get older.  But I'm not thinking about getting older.  I will be young forever:)  I had Lasik Eye Surgery the end of August and I love it!  No more contacts for me.




We have started work on our 3rd floor.  We had an energy audit performed several months ago and they basically said we are heating and cooling the outside.  Awesome.  So our "guy" who goes by the name, Jim, and happens to be pretty fantastic- tore out the walls on the 3rd floor and we had it spray foamed along with the basement.  Hopefully we will have a warmer winter by keeping most of the heat inside our home:)  Our dear friend Tommy, has drawn plans up for our 3rd floor to be a guest room and extra living room for kids to play and slumber parties to happen.  So call us in January or February and reserve your stay! 


Soccer season ended 
Now that we have switched Churches (thank you for all your prayers) David signed the kids up to play soccer through our Church.  This was a great way to meet other families and probably one of the best things we could have done to make this transition easier.  

It seems that Ben has chosen his favorite sport.  He loves soccer and wants to play more of it right now.  He's going to give basketball a try too this season but I have a feeling soccer may be his game.  Although basketball is a controlled climate sport and I'd be really happy if he picked an indoor sport:) 

 Molly found her bestie at soccer.  
Their older brothers played against each other but these two were more than happy to see each other!

At the pumpkin patch.  
This picture just may appear in your Holiday card:)


This happened... 
As you know our kids go to a Performing Arts School.  There is no dress code.  You get to express yourself more than in other schools- I suppose- so why not... I guess you can dip your ponytail in grape kool aide.  How long does that last do you ask?  Well it has lasted 4 weeks so far:)  


Bailey rarely makes the blog so I thought this picture was fitting.  Can you find her?  Her face says, "Deal with it.  I was here first and your laundry interrupted my nap." 

Taylor at gymnastics.  She loves gymnastics.  
She was at the top of the rope but she moved too fast for me to get a picture of her.  
Ben takes gymnastics too- he's working on his cartwheel! 


Every Thursday we go to school and Taylor plays in a 2nd and 3rd grade Orchestra.  Her pick was the cello.  I have to admit I am experiencing a learning curve learning the bass cliff, new strings, and new notes.  The cello strings are much larger than the violin strings and hurt my fingers:(  She doesn't know the difference- luckily!


I am pictured here with Dr. Poling and his wife, Carol.  During Homecoming at Kentucky Wesleyan this year these two came to visit and it felt like home being back at college with these two.  They were a great team and loved by many.   

"Fall Parties" at school.  
Do not call it a Halloween party because that means worship evil spirits.
Tiny liked sitting with big brother at his table.  She even sat on the carpet cris cross applesauce like the other kindergartners and bossed one of them around just in case they thought she was little!



Wonder Woman, Leonardo, and a Witch!
Who is that old creepy man in the background- yikes!  

Our neighbors had a pot of chili and some appetizers for us pre trick or treating.  The Dad's took the kids around the neighborhood and the Moms passed out candy.  We also had help from Grandparents this year to help pass out candy which was fun! 


We had Monday and Tuesday off school last week and visited our two favorite places in town...
The girls at the zoo

riding the train at the zoo


building at the Science Center! 

Ben is reading! He loves to sound out words and even if he doesn't hear the word correctly he keeps trying.  He's a pretty cool kid:) 

Go Panthers! Kentucky Wesleyan played the Cards last night.  Notice the score below- yes at one point in the game we were winning!  Wesleyan is a Division II team so I'll gloat when I can:)  Rick may or may not have been playing his starters but the fact that we were ahead for a short time makes me smile.  


My next post will likely include our 35th Thanksgiving, gingerbread houses with Aunt Marie, and our 35th Christmas.  Here's to the number 35.  May it be a good year for all and bring a little peace to our world.  Happy Holidays and we'll see be back soon!

~Megan 


No comments: