Monday, January 11, 2016

Happy Holidays!

I have to be honest- I could have had one extra week of the Holiday break.  We had a great visit with family, Christmas morning is still magical, and we actually enjoyed each other's company this break.  But- we couldn't keep the New Year away.  2016 came anyway and Monday morning came... backpacks and lunches and a few extra layers for the brisk walk to the bus stop was a must.  Taylor LOVES school and one may even put her in the category of a suck up.  She asked her teacher for extra work before the Holiday break:)  Ben likes school a lot but if he had to choose between a pajama day or school he'd pick a pajama day! 


Aunt Marie came back this year for her gingerbread house tradition.  These puppies get bigger and better every year!  

Thank you Aunt Marie for making the trip! xoxo





 CAMP LOUCON!!!
This November I took my family to Camp Loucon.  I spent every summer in this cafeteria from 4th grade- my sophomore year in college as a camper or summer staff.  I have the fondest memories and I was so happy to share it with my family.  Taylor went to camp this summer for the first time.  I had let 15 years pass by without setting foot on camp.  So I got about 10 past summer staff and their families and we had a weekend retreat back at camp! 




 David zip lining

 A hike to Whispering Falls 



Reading books with Aaron:) 


Singing songs and getting down!


 Thanksgiving concert by Taylor and Lucy...

 Putting up a little Christmas spirit... 


Dad and I went to see Wicked! 

David and I saw Zac Brown Band for the sixth time!

The best Santa picture yet!  Classic Taylor, Ben's face says- "I'm the best of all 3", 
and Molly- poor girl! he he!!!

Needless to say- when Santa came to church, with a wildcats bag to say the least, Molly said... Yeah right, I don't think so, NO Ho Ho, NO WAY!!


Ben's dreams came true and he got to wear pajamas to school!

Taylor performed a tap routine with her school in the lobby at the Kentucky Center for the Arts before the Nutcracker.  

We hosted Christmas dinner at our house this year.  
We needed a table runner that had a personal touch- I think this turned out perfect! 

Holidays are exhausting! 

Merry Christmas!  We made it to Christmas Eve mass at our new church:) 

After dinner we started a new tradition and acted out the story of Jesus' birthday.  We had Mary, Joseph, the Angle, the Wise men, the Inn keeper, some animals, and Molly's baby doll! 



We baked cookies with Gramma

We visited with friends in town for the Holidays

We watched a marathon of Star Wars

We read books

And it was exhausting...

We cheered on our Cards to Victory

And we watched some cartoons:) 

Now... Some of you think we have the most well behaved kids, that we have lots of fun, and that we are always happy.  I lead you to believe these things because I only post the fun stuff.  BUT THIS was too terrible not to post.  This is Molly's room... This is not brown paint... This is POOP.  Yes poop- that I had to clean off the wall. Yuck. Gross. Disgusting...

 Our last outing before we had to go back to school... 




Then we baked more cookies

Jenga is our new favorite game! 

A picture must always be taken when boots and no pants are worn!

David is coaching Ben's kindergarten basketball team at church.  Ben is the smallest but fastest on his team.  Come and watch a game.  These boys are hilarious.  They run around the entire time.  Only 2 boys really know what is going on.  Ben tries to steal a base every now and then.  For some reason he'll run and slide to the other side of the court- as if he's in a movie and about to make the last minute game winning shot.... except after he falls to the floor and as he slides to the other side of the court he stops and has no follow through... no plan for what he should do after his momentum has passed.  

I will note this was their first game.  It really is fun to watch.  These poor kids have 5 family members each telling them what to do- not to mention what the coaches are telling them!  

And we made Lego creations- we as in David and the kids:) 

There are 5 seats on this ship for each of us! 

And this was my bed this morning after I woke them up for school.  Instead of staying in their room and getting dressed they dragged themselves into my room and laid on my bed.  Sigh...

We hope your Holidays were warm and filled with family, friends, and laughter.  Until the next time!

Love~ Megan! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! We love our KY family. Ya'll are great fun to follow- 'cept for that stuff on the wall-
Wish we lived closer.Come to OHIO in 2016. Go Heels*