I apologize for the long pause between entries. It is June first and I haven't posted anything since February! So here it is- we are doing well and really can't complain except for 3 year old temper tantrums, and life isn't always fair for the 8 and 6 year old. Are they kidding? They have NO CLUE how spoiled they are and how rotten they are... how much people love them and love our family. I pray they are able to have a small sense of it soon...
These two kiddos celebrated 10 years of joint checking accounts, jobs, owning businesses, 3 children and 3 moves- I think we are up for a couple more decades!
Molly's first haircut
Taylor got a real hair cut and there is no more purple kool aid in her hair:)
Reaves came to visit!
We took on Indianapolis for a couple days over spring break.
(This is what they are staring at)
Taylor recently did a book report on Ruby Bridges and the children museum had an exhibit on her.
Soaking in what it might have felt like to be Ruby's teacher
This was in our hotel! They had restored train cars in the hallway of the hotel and you could stay the night on them. Super cool!
We went to Bernheim Forest to hike but David had a compelling urge to visit my parents land in Taylorsville so we went to hike there instead. It was neat to be back there again... Ben brought Abe on spring break with us. It was a social media thing their school was doing.
We ended our week with a boat ride with friends from school and friends from childhood.
We saw Garth Brooks.. best.concert.ever.hands.down!
The kids had end of the year performances.
Molly started swim lessons
conversations between neighbors
Ben
Taylor
And he scores!!!!!
Taylor is in the bottom left corner. The Orff teacher at her school was nominated for a Grammy!!!
Ice Cream with Gramma and Grandaddy
Taylor made her first communion:)
Taylor received her first communion from Father Flynn, who started The Church of the Epiphany where I joined the Catholic Church, David and I were married, and all three kids were Baptized. If you remember my request for prayers last summer when we were searching for churches- this simple situation of the right time and the right place was God and I appreciate it. Fr. Flynn was there to give his great nephew his first communion as well.
And this... It would happen again that Taylor and Charlie received first communion together. We were neighbors on South Bayly when these two were babies. They are exactly one month apart. They moved away and came back to Louisville two years ago and were are still friends. Obviously this is more sentimental for me- but just go with it!
Her bestie, Shea, at school and church
We celebrated with family
And as luck would have it- her ONLY concert of the year was immediately after first communion
Taylor and her Teacher, Ms. Ruff
I bravely went on a field trip with Taylor's class to Squire Boone Caverns
They searched for gems
watched soap being made
And I rode a bus full of fifty 2nd grades... great..fun...
Bailey says hi!
Taylor turned 8!
and a couple friends came to celebrate with her!
Taylor is trying her hat at Field Hockey. She likes it but says, "It's too hot to practice and play outside Mom, do I have to go today?" Yes Taylor- yes you do:)
and we have to watch you in the heat too my dear:)
Ben picked out books for Molly at the Library and is reading them to her!
conversation between the first child and the youngest
I ran my first race, a 5K, the company was great!
And we watched the horses race!
We stuck up for our school when cut backs and new discipline codes were threatened.
This lovely Lady was my music teacher at Lincoln when I was in the 4th and 5th grade. She introduced me to Camp Loucon and her daughter remains one of my sweet friends today. I invited her to Taylor's end of the year performance to show her what Lincoln looks like now as a performing arts magnet. It was neat to show her off!
Ben with his buddies at Kindergarten graduation- yes that is a thing...
These are his besties!
His teachers, Mrs. Baker and Mrs. Galla
Proud little sis
rocking her babies
playing in the rain
Happy 3rd birthday Molly!
She picked a few friends to decorate sugar cookies with!
Miranda and Kenny came to town!
Ahhh- are you exhausted? I am! We ended the month with a family celebration for the girls' birthdays!
We made it to the pool!
and to the zoo!
Taylor and I are headed off to camp Loucon again on Sunday. We're headed to Ohio to visit long time family friends and to French Lick with David's family in July. I'll catch you up in a few months! Until then we wish you a wonderful and relaxing summer.
Love and Laughter~
Megan:)
No comments:
Post a Comment