Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ben is TWO!

Well- we've survived the first two years with Ben... or he's survived us!  We had a great time celebrating him on his birthday because he's old enough now to understand that it's his day!  We sang Happy Birthday to him numerous times throughout the day and he'd cock his head and give a bashful smile.  If you asked him who 's birthday is today- he's say... "Ven's!"  (He pronounces his name with a V- at least that is what it sounds like.)  He also told everyone that he was "two" when they asked.  He's really growing up and using more and more words.  He is a dare devil and wants to be everything Taylor is and more.  He keeps us busy! 

Isn't this a cute little baby! 

 Taylor has started soccer and she loves it!  She especially loves her coach, Coach Nick.  I think it is safe to say she may have her first crush.  He is great with the little ones and she loves it- which is all that matters. 

 Ben and I play cars while we watch Taylor at soccer practice.  Although- Ben thinks he is on the team.  He really doesn't understand why he can't be on the field too- after all- he just wants to kick the ball like Taylor!
 Now this picture I put on here just to bother some of you!  It's no secret that I paint Ben's toe nails.  If Taylor and I are painting our toes, he wants his painted too.  He doesn't know any better.  So- what else can a Mom do when her sweet boy brings her the purple nail polish and says, "Purple Mama"?  She says- sure!  On this particular day, David was in Florida at a conference and I thought we should pamper ourselves since he was away in a warmer climate!  (I also knew it would make him roll his eyes and shake his head!)  Anyway- do not worry!  We had the best pedicure and our tootsies are beautiful! 

And onto the celebration! 
We had a small party for Ben at our house with his Grandparents.  This was quite different from Taylor's 2nd birthday when we invited all our family over- but January makes it difficult for cookouts and until he knows better- we're laying low! 





 Now... I must tell you that I am not a detailed oriented person.  This is why I married David.  David felt Ben needed balloons- and while he was buying balloons, a pinata caught his eye.  Ben loves Trains and he saw a train pinata and thought... Ben would love this!  So David brought home balloons and a train pinata and filled it with all of his (David's) favorite candy.  Then he proceeded to give our children sticks and plastic golf clubs to hit this pinata that he hung on our front door... 



 In the middle of whacking the pinata... David disappeared to the garage... and brought back this...

 really David????

 Luckily- as soon as Ben realized there was candy in the train pinata, he tore into it.  David had also hidden glow in the dark braclets- so we had to turn the lights off! 




 The cake was great and Ben loved every minute of his big day!  But I think Taylor felt a little left out because when I was cleaning up after the party I found this...



Kids are funny- aren't they?  Oh and I think we'll keep ours!  They do keep us busy, and yelling... but right now we love them and are kind of excited that they are becoming more independent.  We're very blessed.  (We just need to hide the scissors in a better place!) 

Have a great week and talk to you soon!
~Megan!


1 comment:

MarkSchulteJr said...

Looks like you had a great birthday Ben. Can't wait to come visit and hang with you now that you're 2!