David and I hosted Thanksgiving at our home this year. We had David's parents, his older brother's family, and my parents over for dinner. This was a total of eight adults and 5 kiddos! We had great company, great food, and a great evening!
Check out that Turkey!
Miles and Taylor
We went to the Galt House (local hotel in downtown Louisville) with Gramma, Grandaddy, Uncle Mark, Aunt Shannon, and our cousins to see the lights, and decorations. We goofed off a bit too! Here are Elf Miles, Elf Megan, and Elf Ben...
Elf Lucy, Elf Taylor, and Elf Stella...
Aunt Marie, Virginia's sister, came in town early December. She made Gingerbread houses with the kids... or she worked and the kids ate the candy! It was a 3 to 2 person job for sure!
We were able to celebrate a birthday dinner with our long time friend, Jamie! She was in town with her husband, Jacob, for Thanksgiving and we were able to see her. They love it in Chicago- and it is so very sweet when we get to spend time with them!
Ahhhh... and Taylor took a ballet class at the YMCA. Here are pictures from her "recital". Her teacher, Mr. Walt, it a very patient man....
I just need to add one thing in here... The girls were dancing to parts of the Nutcracker. If you remember there are soldiers, dolls, mice, and other characters in the ballet. When the rest of the group turned into soldiers- Taylor was a mouse. When the rest of the group turned into dolls- Taylor was a mouse. When the rest of the group was a mouse... well- so was Taylor! You may have had to be present to witness this- but it was truly the best thing ever and I'm still laughing about how she preferred a mouse over all other instructions her Teacher gave her!
This is the end of the recital and yes, that is our daughter laying on the floor. In perfect timing with the music- another little girl hopped right over that sweet girl laying on the floor at the end of the recital. It was pretty hilarious and very appropriate for a 3yr. old's dance recital!
Taylor and I traveled to Owensboro for a Christmas party. My best friend from college, Katy, had twins in May but she still held her annual Christmas party (for girls only)! Taylor wanted Katy to read her a bed time story...
And it worked on these sweet babies too!
Taylor, my Mom, and I went Christmas Caroling with our Church. The biggest bonus of this was that Taylor got to ride a school but for the first time. She loved it! I did not get a good picture of these girls- but they were happy!
Merry Christmas from us! We ventured out to our Children's mass on Christmas Eve. It was pretty chaotic, as EVERYONE warned us, but Taylor really enjoyed seeing all the children participate in the mass. Then we rushed home to climb in bed so Santa could come!
Taylor took this picture of Dave and I before mass too!
Ahhh... and all that a small child waits for!!! Santa was good to us this year- we were very lucky! Ben got a killer train table with lots of "choo- choos"!
Taylor got "glass Princess slippers"!
I must say that 2011 was a good year for us. David's work has been steady and I'm still able to stay home with our kiddos. . I am really enjoying my Arbonne business! It that allows me to get out of the house, meet great people, and earn some extra money on the side. I have noticed a great deal of personal development in myself this year and it feels good! It feels good to grow and challenge yourself- even at 31! We feel blessed to have a healthy family that we love.
I pray that you and your family have a healthy year filled with laughter and love. May 2012 bring many great things!!!
Take Care and talk to you soon! Happy New Year!
~Megan, David, Taylor, Ben, and Bailey Dog!




No comments:
Post a Comment