Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy Spring!  As always- I hope this entry finds you well!  Here are some pictures to catch you up with the last month and a half of what we've been up to!

Happy Valentines Day!  I took the kids to Homemade Pie Kitchen for some Valentine cookies after their Valentine parties at school.  I know- too much sugar.. but I couldn't resist! 

And we actually got snow!!!  We only got one or two days- but it was beautiful.

And so they played outside in the snow.... Well, Taylor loved it.  Ben went outside and turned around and came right back inside and "cood"  or cold! 

And then we came inside for hot chocolate and maple syrup icees.  My Dad use to make these for us when I was little.  Snow in a cup with syrup on top- yummy! 

 These pictures are blurry- I took them on my phone and did not transfer them very well.  I'll do better next time.  My dear friend Sujata couldn't use her Mary Poppins so she offered them to us!  Taylor had a great time on our girls date and she stayed up for the entire 8pm show. 


 You can't see in this picture very well but Taylor has one shoulder on and one shoulder off.  This is her new fashion statement.  The Mother sitting behind us at the show tapped Taylor on the shoulder and said, "Oh honey, I think your strap fell off."  Taylor just looked at her like nothing was wrong and I told her it was a fashion statement.  Then we laughed.  She had a nine year old daughter with her and she said she remembered those days!

 Here is how she's wearing her dresses and night gowns these days.  We may have a fashion designer on our hands.  She makes us laugh and roll our eyes at the same time. 

And now enter March Madness!

 Ben with two of his teachers.  I thought it was funny! 


 Kentucky Wesleyan College (my alma mater) was playing in the Division II first, second, and third rounds were here in Louisville.  David and Dad tagged along with me to watch us win until we played Bellarmine.  They were great games to watch and our guys were awesome.  The neat thing is that Dad's alma mater, The University of Findlay, was also in town in the same tournament.  We got to watch LOTS of basketball together! 

 I took Taylor to the first KWC game- she wouldn't wear purple for me though.  I wasn't quick enough on my feet to make it her idea and not mine!

And here is a little soccer.  Ben can't play yet- but he gets as close as he can...

 Taylor is in the pink pants on the right.   

Play time in the kitchen while I'm trying to make dinner... 

 The kids and I went to visit the Harrison Family.  This is sweet Jay with Taylor and Jason.  Look at that sweet smile! 

 Everyone loves Jason!

And more basketball.  David, Jon, and some buddies played in a Church league this year and here are some pictures. Dave at the free throw line! 





 The Fans!

These next couple are fuzzy- but like I said... I'm learning.  The sad thing is that my IPhone takes better pictures than my point and shoot.  
 Ben loves to play hide and go seek.  Here is his newest hiding place...

 His first haircut at 2 years old! 

 If he could choose- he'd always say, "no ants".  So- when he can take his pants off... he will...  I loved the books and diaper look here!

 We are loving spring! 

I have the kids in swim lessons.  These are not just run of the mill swim lessons.  They are in the Infant Survival Resource program and are doing great.  Ben still cries each time but Taylor loves it and has turned into fish!  We are completing our second out of a possible five weeks- depending on how the kids do.  We go five days a week for 10 minutes each day.  It is a commitment- but I already feel more confident about their swimming and having them both at the pool with me this summer.  Quick fact- Did you know that 70% of children drowning occurs one foot away from the edge of the pool.  Very scary!  Swimming pictures to come soon! 

Have a great weekend and take care! ~Megan

No comments: